Well, that is this site! The ideas for the site are endless. We just have to see what there is time to make.
- Do we need yet another map server?
- This has been the hardest call when it comes to releasing this site. The possible features would be too limited without it, and the site would not serve it's purpose. That said, map data is stored as geo-data, and can therefore be offered to any other map site or application out there in a various set of formats to suit their current system. If you want to recieve updates from this site to your engine, get in touch!
- I noticed my deed is on the map, but I have never added it. Can it be removed please?
- Anyone can add data to the map. Think of it as the Wiki! If you want your deed to not be displayed on any of the community maps, then we can add your deed to a block list. This will in effect not make anyone able to add a deed in that proximity or with that name to the public map.
- Which timezone does the page use?
- This page will show timestamps according to your system timezone. The currently used timezone is
. If you wish to cheange this make sure your browser / OS is set to use the timezone of your preference.
- I made a utility that could fit well on this website, can it be added?
- For sure! Would be awesome to expand with more features over time.
- I am not a developer, but I would like to contribute, can I?
- Yeah! Have artistic skills? More artwork would be awesome! Want to help tag rift locations, new deeds, etc, that is very helpful. Want to make guides for new players, or a topic you have good knowledge about? For sure, that could be cool. Have other ideas? Pitch them!
- So, how do I contact if I want to contribute?
- I usually don't see chats in game, so Discord is the best way to get in touch. If Discord is not your thing, you can find me on the forums as well.
- Who is behind this website?
- The base was developed by Drogos (Deliverance), but is kept alive by the community.
WurmNode Discord and IRC bot
The Discord and IRC bot is being tested with the Deliverance Renaissance Festival Discord and IRC channels. It is too early to say if this bot will be a bot available for other servers.
WurmNode Desktop application
Since WurmNode is written in node.js it supports all the features node.js support. This includes: Local webserver, local application via electron, websockets for instant pushing of game data, API connections and much more!
Third party connections
There are 3party API's available for node.js for just about anything out there. This means WurmNode can easily be integrated as a Discord bot, an OBS overlay that can interact with the twitch API and the game logs at the same time, etc.
The software is currently in an idea / experimental state. It has most events in place, and a basic ui for live skill information. Lots more work has to be done on the ui side of this for it to be of any interest to the general player. If you find this project interesting, contributions are very much welcome! You can find me on Discord as Drogos if you have any interest in helping out. Currently in desperate need for someone that can help with UI design for the app part, but anyone interested are welcome to pm with things they want to help out with, or specific questions if they want to know more before deciding. Be a part of this from the early beginning, and you can have a big influence on the end result!
Current (technical) status
Events based on historical logs
Events based on live logs